Announcement: please note that quality dme will be closed friday july 3 in observance of independence day. we will reopen monday, july 6th!
WHAT IS SLEEP APNEA?
Sleep apnea is a serious sleep disorder that occurs when a person’s breathing is interrupted during sleep. The body is then deprived of oxygen. Left untreated, sleep apnea can result in a number of health problems including:
- Heart Attacks
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Weight Gain
- Irregular Heartbeats
- Heart failure
- High Blood Pressure
Sleep apnea may be responsible for poor performance in everyday activities as well as academic underachievement in children and adolescents.
DO I HAVE SLEEP APNEA?
Common symptoms of sleep apnea are:
- Frequent urination throughout the night
- Tossing, turning or restlessness during sleep
- Snoring loudly
- Frequent pauses in breathing while sleeping
- Gasping, choking or snorting during sleep
- Waking up with headaches or fogginess
- Tiredness or sleepiness during the day
- Forgetfulness and difficulty concentrating
If you experience any of these symptoms, you may have sleep apnea. Contact your physician to see what options are available.